Yes, it’s been awhile since I’ve posted. That doesn’t mean I haven’t been online. In fact, I’ve spent many hours on the web in my quest to complete a project. That’s where the stubbornness comes into play.


If you’ve been around my blog before, you already know I’m a creative with a funky personality. I love plot bunnies, shapeshifters and I’m also a creature of habit. <<< This last statement is so true and the personality trait frequently gets away from me. ;)


So why haven’t I posted to my blog recently?


The creative within me was determined to prepare Claire: the Lost Fae for print edition. 


And…


Since I’m a fiendish creature of habit, it meant doing the work myself. 


Personally, I don’t see anything wrong with this. I was playing in Photoshop long before I sat down to write my first story. Although I didn’t have the program for awhile, my recent computer upgrade gave me all the Adobe programs and I’m back onboard with making covers or promotional banners. (fun! ;)


With the new Photoshop program installed on my computer, I proceeded to download templates for the print book interior and the full cover flat.


For the most part, formatting the book interior was easy. I’m a stickler for a nice format and the Kindle edition of Claire is beautiful. There was one aspect that I wanted to carry over from ebook into the print edition.




  


That little symbol became the most exasperating element of the print book creation. Looking back, I can laugh, but while in the throes of working through dpi issues it wasn’t a laughing matter. Dpi is pixels per inch and Createspace has pretty stringent expectations. That’s okay because I want the print edition to measure up to my own high standards. 


That’s why I stubbornly insisted that this symbol would retain its position on the title page. (stubbornly attached to a symbol...yes that's funky & dare I say genetic?)


But perseverance pays off. YaY!


After fifteen tries, the image worked. Whew! I worried Creatspace would ban me and tell me to never come back. lol


The print edition of Claire: the Lost Fae is coming soon! I’ve ordered the proof copy and want to check if everything is perfect, then it’ll be available for shipment. 


Here’s a sneak peek at the cover flat.




Be sure to watch this blog for updates. ;)



* * *


Thank you for stopping by. Enjoy your day & happy reading!


If You Missed these Plot Bunny Tracks:


March Madness ~ Not Crazy...Just Conflicted
Magically Entising: Is Your Shapeshifter Sexy today?
Mother, Daughter & Plot Bunny Tracks, Oh My! #amwriting



* * * * * * * * *

Amazon Kindle: Concentric Circles (Shayla's story)

             
Amazon Kindle: Claire: the Lost Fae
             


Wyndy: in a Heartbeat ~ Short Story [here] 


* * * * * * * * *


Peace & Love be with you always.

Aithne Jarretta
Home    Twitter    Kindle 

Leave a Reply